On Tuesday, August 28, BATTLESHIP arrives on home video in multiple formats: Blu-ray, DVD, and VOD. The Blu-ray Combo Pack includes a digital cop of the film, for use on mobile devices, along with UltraViolet, which allows you to collect your movies on the could, from which you can stream and download them to computers, tablets or smart phones. The Blu-ray disc also contains extensive bonus features:
- Alternate Ending Pre-visualization with commentary by Peter Berg
- The Visual Effects of Battleship – From ground-breaking water-simulation programs to cutting-edge motion capture, see how the team at Industrial Light & Magic pushes the boundaries of visual effects to bring the aliens to life.
- All Access with Director Peter Berg – Join director Peter Berg as he gives fans an in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the movie.
- USS Missouri VIP Tour – Come aboard the historic “Mighty Mo” for an exclusive tour with director Peter Berg and actual Navy veterans as they reveal some of the coolest facts and amazing action that has graced the decks of this legendary ship.
- Commander Pete – Watch as director Peter Berg energizes the cast and crew with his endless enthusiasm and relentless good humor.
- And with UNIVERSAL’S SECOND SCREEN, viewers can enjoy an innovative and interactive viewing experience, that allows them to control, interact and explore Battleship with groundbreaking features right on a networked tablet or computer, in synchronization with the movie on the television screen! While the movie plays, experience features such as:
- Alien Tech 3D Model Turntable Explosions: During the movie, 3D models of the aliens and the shredder become available to the user to view at various angles. For instance, as the user turns the Regent Alien, the armor flies off in parts and then re-assembles. (Exclusive to Second Screen.)
- All Access with Director Peter Berg: Viewers get an all access look at the making of the film featuring interviews with cast and crew.
- Flick View: Interact with the movie, move content from the Tablet to the TV screen, and compare storyboards, animatics, and other executing content by “Flicking” them from on their tablet to their TV screen, simply by gesturing their fingers upwards on their tablets.
You can see clips of the BATTLESHIP Blu-ray bonus features at Cinefantastique’s YouTube Channel: