[REC]3: GENESIS – VOD 8/2, in theatres 9/7
Magnet Releasing rolls out a series of limited theatrical engagements to this Spanish horror film, which has been available via Video on Demand since August 3. The third in the [REC] franchise takes a new route, emerging from the old location into broad daylight and smashing straight into a young couple impending nuptials! Setting a horror film on a wedding day strikes us as a wonderful idea – which should hopefully be enough to make [REC]3 somewhat better than the usual third-film letdown.
Director: Paco Plaza. Writers: Luis Berdejo, Paco Plaza, from an idea by Berdejo and David Gallart. Cast: Leticia DOlera, Diego Martin, Javier Botet, Alex Monner, Claire Baschet, Ismael Martinez.
- Denver, CO: Denver Film Center/Colfax
- Chicago, IL: Logan
- Brookline, MA: Coolidge Corner Theatre
- Albuquerque, NM: Guild
- New York, NY: Cinema Village
- Columbus, OH: Gateway Film Center 8
- Katy, TX: Alamo Mason Park 6
- Seattle, WA: Grand Illusion Cinema
- Tucson, AZ: The Loft Cinema
- Kansas City, MO: Screenland Crossroads Theatre
- Minneapolis, MN: Trylon Microcinema
- Syracuse, NY: Palace
- Phoenix, AZ: FilmBar
- Salem, MA: Cinema Salem 3
- Dormont, PA: Hollywood Theatre
- Omaha, NE: Dundee (Art)
- Atlanta, GA: Cinefest Theatre
Check the official website in case future engagements are added.
Plot summary from the Magnet website:
Koldo and Clara are about to celebrate the most important day of their lives: their wedding.
Everything appears to be running smoothly and the bride and groom and their families are enjoying a wonderful day; that is until some of the guests start showing signs of a strange illness. Before they know what’s happening, the bride and groom find themselves in the middle of a hellish ordeal, as an uncontrollable torrent of violence is unleashed on the wedding.
Amidst the chaos, Koldo and Clara become separated and begin a desperate search for one another. What started off as an idyllic day quickly descends into a nightmare of the worst kind…