Brief promo video from the James Bond film, SKYFALL, featuring the song by Adele.
On Tuesday, August 28, BATTLESHIP arrives on home video in multiple formats: Blu-ray, DVD, and VOD. The Blu-ray Combo Pack includes a digital cop of the film, for use on mobile devices, along with UltraViolet, which allows you to collect your movies on the could, from which you can stream and download them to computers, tablets or smart phones. The Blu-ray disc also contains extensive bonus features:
- Alternate Ending Pre-visualization with commentary by Peter Berg
- The Visual Effects of Battleship – From ground-breaking water-simulation programs to cutting-edge motion capture, see how the team at Industrial Light & Magic pushes the boundaries of visual effects to bring the aliens to life.
- All Access with Director Peter Berg – Join director Peter Berg as he gives fans an in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the movie.
- USS Missouri VIP Tour – Come aboard the historic “Mighty Mo” for an exclusive tour with director Peter Berg and actual Navy veterans as they reveal some of the coolest facts and amazing action that has graced the decks of this legendary ship.
- Commander Pete – Watch as director Peter Berg energizes the cast and crew with his endless enthusiasm and relentless good humor.
- And with UNIVERSAL’S SECOND SCREEN, viewers can enjoy an innovative and interactive viewing experience, that allows them to control, interact and explore Battleship with groundbreaking features right on a networked tablet or computer, in synchronization with the movie on the television screen! While the movie plays, experience features such as:
- Alien Tech 3D Model Turntable Explosions: During the movie, 3D models of the aliens and the shredder become available to the user to view at various angles. For instance, as the user turns the Regent Alien, the armor flies off in parts and then re-assembles. (Exclusive to Second Screen.)
- All Access with Director Peter Berg: Viewers get an all access look at the making of the film featuring interviews with cast and crew.
- Flick View: Interact with the movie, move content from the Tablet to the TV screen, and compare storyboards, animatics, and other executing content by “Flicking” them from on their tablet to their TV screen, simply by gesturing their fingers upwards on their tablets.
You can see clips of the BATTLESHIP Blu-ray bonus features at Cinefantastique’s YouTube Channel:
In a break with tradition, Lionsgate is release THE HUNGER GAMES in all home video formats (Blu-ray, DVD, VOD, and Digital Download) – not on a Tuesday but at a minute past midnight on the morning of Saturday, August 18. The strategy is designed to generate lines of eager fans at midnight retail events around the country. The film, which earned $400-million in the USA alone and nearly $650-million worldwide, will appear on store shelves as both a 2-disc DVD set and a 2-disc Blu-ray set, with over three hours of bonus features, including an eight-part documentary, THE WORLD IS WATCHING THE HUNGER GAMES. List price for the Blu-ray discs is $39.99, with the DVDs selling for $30.99.
NOTE: You can see excerpts from some of the bonus features in the video playlist embedded at the bottom of this post.
BLU-RAY & DVD SPECIAL FEATURES (subject to change):
- “The World is Watching: Making of The Hunger Games” – an eight-part documentary covering the “making of” the film in all aspects from the pre-production process all the way through the theatrical release and fan reactions
- “Game Maker: Suzanne Collins and The Hunger Games Phenomenon” featurette
- “Letters from the Rose Garden” featurette – insights from Donald Sutherland on the development of his role as President Snow
- “Controlling the Games” featurette – stories and concepts behind creating the control center
- “A Conversation with Gary Ross and Elvis Mitchell”
- Propaganda Film (in its entirety)
- Marketing Archive
- “Preparing for The Games: A Director’s Process” (Blu-ray Exclusive)
- Year of Production: 2012
- Title Copyright: © 2012 Lionsgate Films Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Rating: PG-13 for intense violent thematic material and disturbing images- all involving teens
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Blu-ray Closed Captioned: English SDH
- DVD Closed Captioned: English
- Subtitles: English and Spanish
- Blu-ray Format: 1080P High Definition 16×9 Widescreen (2.40:1)
- DVD Format: 16×9 Widescreen (2.40:1)
- Feature Running Time: 142 minutes
- Blu-ray Audio Status: English 7.1 DTS HD-MA, English 2.0 Dolby Digital Optimized for Late Night Listening and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio
- DVD Audio Status: English 5.1 Dolby Digital EX, English 2.0 Dolby Digital Optimized for Late Night Listening and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
Check out video clips from the home video release of THE HUNGER GAMES on DVD and Blu-ray:
Show of hands:
Watching the Olympic gymnastic events on NBC tonight, how many of you could not help thinking of this sequence from FINAL DESTINATION 5?
Splash News got this Behind the Scenes footage of Mr. Spock (Zachary Quinto) against SHERLOCK’s Benedict Cumberbatch in a fight sequence for Paramount’s STAR TREK sequel.
Director JJ Abrams was on hand guidng the actors through their movements, and though a stuntman for Quinto was on set, it looked as if the actor was doing the bulk of the work.
Probably any shot with the character being knocked down was doubled, as insurance companies are naturally disinclined to allow stars to take actual falls.
An eariler leaked photo indicates that Lt. Uhura (Zoe Saldana) is in on the action as well—perhaps with a better idea for subduing the seemingly Vulcan Nerve Pinch-resistant Cumberbatch.
and Nikola Tesla (Jonathon Young) learn that the SCIU turned one of the unsuspecting Tesla’s designs into a weapon to be used against Abnormals.
With no Season 5 pick-up announced as yet, this season finale could wind up being the series finale.
SANCTUARY airs Friday at 9:00 PM ET/PT on SyFy.
Here’s a Sneak Peek of TERRA NOVA’s “Now You See Me”Taylor and Mira square-off in the jungle where he learns more about her plans and about his son. But then they both face a pre-historic enemy they must conquer together.
Meanwhile, the “Sixer” mole scrambles to cover its tracks as Terra Nova goes on lockdown and Jim closes in. Also, Zoe faces a difficult decision as the Ankylosaur she has been caring for grows rapidly.
TERRA NOVA airs Mondays at 8:00 PM/7:00 Central on the Fox Network.
In this week’s new episode Fugue, an abnormal attacks Will Zimmerman’s (Robin Dunne)’s girlfriend FBI agent Abby Corrigan (Pascale Hutton).
When she wakes in the Sanctuary infirmary, Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping) discovers that she’s being taken over by the abnormal, and learn that the only way to communicate with the creature is through singing.
Written and directed by Damian Kindler, Fugue airs Novemeber 25th.
SANCTUARY is on SyFy Fridays at 10:00 PM/9:00 Central.
Jim Shannon (Jason O’Mara) investigates a drug robbery in the lab.
Also: “Maddy starts interning for the colony’s greatest scientist (guest star Robert Coleby), and her life is put in danger when she discovers a terrible secret. Meanwhile, Josh (Landon Liboiron) makes a deal with the devil in order to solidify his plan to bring his girlfriend from the future to Terra Nova in the all-new “Proof” episode of TERRA NOVA premiering Monday, November 14 th(8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Will (Robin Dunne) and Henry (Ryan Robbins) try to track down a missing Abnormal after a shipping container mixup.
Meanwhile, Magnus’ (Amanda Tapping) mission to a remote African island to meet the Sanctuary’s new financial adviser sets off a tense hostage situation.
Guest starring: Carlo Rota, Sandrine Holt, Martin Cummins, and Pascale Hutton. Directed By Martin Wood, from a screenplay by Damian Kindler.
SANCTUARY airs Fridays at 10:00 PM ET/PT.